DEPM – Online Services
e-Governance Web Portal of Govt. of Odisha.
Microsoft .NET MVC 5.0, Entity Framework, MSSQL Server 2016, HTML5 & CSS 3
The Directorate of Export Promotion and Marketing has been set up to promote export of goods from the State of Odisha and to provide marketing assistance to MSME Units of the State. The major functionalities of DEPM are to register MSME Units and finalize the rate contract for purchases by Govt. Departments and Undertakings. The Directorate of Export Promotion & Marketing, Odisha has been declared as the Nodal Agency for giving marketing support to the registered industrial units and the rate contract holding industrial units of the State Government. Apart from the MSME Unit Registration & Rate Contract Services there are several other services DEPM is providing like Renewal of DEPM Registration, Additional Item Registration, Fresh Rate Contract, Parallel Rate Contract, Extension Rate Contract, Post Delivery Inspection, Pre Delivery Inspection, Test Certificate & State Export Award.
DEPMOS application is a comprehensive system by which all the services of Directorate of Export Promotion & Marketing, Government of Odisha, have been automated with specific workflow.
Online Services of DEPM
- Issue of EPM Registration Certificate by the Director of Export Promotion & Marketing.
- Issue of Renewal Registration Certificate by the Director of Export Promotion & Marketing.
- Issue of Fresh Rate Contract Certificate by the Director of Export Promotion & Marketing.
- Issue of Parallel Rate Contract Certificate by the Director of Export Promotion & Marketing.
- Issue of Extension Rate Contract Certificate by the Director of Export Promotion & Marketing.
- Issue of Test Report by the Director of Export Promotion & Marketing.
- Pre & Post-delivery inspection by the Director of Export Promotion & Marketing.
- Export related Assistance by the Director of Export Promotion & Marketing.
At the time of system study on existing DEPM services, we found several challenges / issues in the current (AS-IS) scenario because of manual / offline methods. Please find some of our observations we found at the time of system study.
- Due to the manual system and workflow for all services, it was taking too much time to complete the process.
- All notices / alerts were sent manually to different stakeholders as a hardcopy letter format for which it was taking a long time to complete any process.
- All service records were not maintained as digitized format and for which it is too difficult to trace any record or status of a particular service by the concerned DEPM authorities.
- To apply for any service MSME units need to visit the DEPM office for submitting the required service application form and documents in hardcopy format.
- It is too difficult to track any service application status quickly because of the manual system.
- Without visit to DEPM office MSME units couldn’t track the service application status
- MSME units were making the service application payment through bank visits only.
- All service expiry notifications were sent to MSME units by hard copy letter or phone call.
- No reports were available to track any service status
- To get the service certificate MSME units need to visit DEPM office
- Some existing EPM registration records were not found by the DEPM concerned authority because of registration hardcopy documents lost.
- Manual procedures were not too productive for the DEPM office.
- At the time of service application verification all documents and application parameters were verifying through manually by DEPM authority
- At the time of pre & post-delivery inspection DEPM authority was calculating the cost of pre & post-delivery inspection manually by verifying the item(s) rate contract cost from circular order copy.
DEPMOS portal is accessible to users via the Internet. The web portal will have two interfaces, one for the MSME Users and one for the DEPMOS Application Business Actor.
The DEPMOS Application requires login details or credentials to enter into the portal. The objective of the portal is to develop a single window platform for Register New & Existing MSME Institutions for Empanelment, Renew the Empanelment, Apply for Test Certificate, Pre & Post Delivery Inspection, Apply for Export Award, Fresh Rate Contract, Parallel Rate Contract & Extension Rate Contract. By this automation the complete workflow process will be streamlined and according to role and responsibility wise each stakeholder can take action on each process and track the status of each application. The portal is targeted to have a very neat and clean user interface with zero to minimal learning curve.
DEPMOS application is developed on Microsoft Platform (NET, C# MVC & MSSQL Server). Through APIs the DEPMOS application is connected with the ORTPSA & IFMS system.
System being a web application; below table defines the software required to use the system.
|Web Server||IIS 10.0|
|Technology||MVC .NET Framework 4.5.1, Entity Framework 5.0|
|Database Server||MSSQL Server 2014|
|HTML||HTML5 supported browser|
|CSS||CSS3 supported browser|
|APIs||Standard Web APIs|
Impact / Benefits of DEPMOS System are –
- The complete process of DEPM services will be digitized & streamlined, so any record can be easily tracked within a few seconds of time.
- All service applications can be processed quickly because of fixed deadlines and defined workflow systems.
- All service application status of DEPMOS can be tracked through ORTPSA.
- MSME units can directly apply for any of the DEPM services without visiting the DEPM office.
- MSME unit’s users can make the service application payment directly from DEPMOS online application without going to the bank for payment transfer.
- MSME unit’s users can get all service related notifications through SMS & Email.
- Due to automation the cost of pre & post-delivery inspection will be auto calculated based on the item(s) rate contract.
- Through analytical reports the concerned authority of DEPM team can able track every services status according different filter range
- All types of rate contracts can be managed efficiently and quickly through this automation. MSME users can directly apply the RC application and make the payment through DEPMOS portal.
- For State Export Award MSME users can directly apply through online without visiting the DEPM office.
The DEPMOS Application is accessible from this link https://depmodisha.nic.in/user/login